Thank you for visiting the Arkansas Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (ARID) website! My name is Clint Brockway and I am the President for the 2015-2017 term.
ARID is an affiliate chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. Our membership is comprised of interpreters across the state of Arkansas who work in a diverse variety of settings providing interpretation and transliteration services to the Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Deaf-Blind, Oral Deaf, and Hearing communities of Arkansas.
I hope that you will find our online home to be welcoming, informative, and easy to navigate. We are happy to host information about:
- credentialing, certification, and licensure
- membership in and governance of our organization
- upcoming community and professional development events
- resources for working interpreters
- resources for those interested in becoming interpreters
- resources for those looking to hire interpreters
- current and previous editions of our award-winning newlestter, The ARIDian
- and more about the field of interpreting and our organization
If you do not find the information that you are looking for, or have questions and ideas to share with us, please contact us! We look forward to connecting with you.
Clint Brockway, QAST 5/5, EIPA 3.5
President, Arkansas Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf