The time has come for us to collect nominations for one position on the Advisory Board for Interpreters between Hearing Individuals and Individuals who are Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing, or Oral Deaf (referred to as the Advisory Board). We will submit these nominations in conjunction with the Arkansas Association of the Deaf (AAD). AAD will provide nominations for a second position on the Advisory Board to the ARID Board of Directors for approval.
The ARID nominations process will operate as follows:
- Nominations will be accepted until 11:59p on Friday, 9/18/15.
- A link to a ballot of nominees will be sent to all voting members of ARID on Monday, 9/21/15 and will be open for voting until 11:59p on Friday, 9/25/15.
- In the event of a tie, a second round of voting will be open from Monday, 9/28/15 through 11:59p on Friday, 10/2/15.
- The two (2) nominees who receive the most votes will be submitted to AAD within 48 hours of the close of voting.
- ARID and AAD will jointly submit two nominees for each position to the Arkansas Department of Health on or before 10/9/2015.
The advisory board is comprised of:
- Four (4) individuals who are qualified, licensed interpreters
- Two (2) individuals who are Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing, or Oral Deaf.
- One (1) individual who is neither a qualified, licensed interpreter nor an individual who is Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing, or Oral Deaf.
This composition incorporates the perspectives of interpreters; Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing, and Oral Deaf consumers; and hearing consumers.
The two positions that are up for nomination and reelection are:
- One (1) interpreter (nominated by ARID)
- One (1) hearing consumer (nominated by AAD)
Before nominating an individual, please review the Rules Governing the Advisory Board for Interpreters between Hearing Individuals and Individuals who are Deaf, Deafblind, Hard of Hearing, or Oral Deaf and the Rules Governing the Licensure of Provisional and Qualified Interpreters and contact the individual you are nominating for their consent.