We've compiled a great deal of information here for you to share and are always happy to receive any feedback or suggestions you may have. Make sure to stop by our resources page and see what's there. We've gathered information and resources that will be of benefit to professionals in our field and those in related areas. Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your visit!
ARID Biennial Conference Early Bird registration is open now through April 30th!
Holiday Inn and Conference Center
June 12 - 15, 2013
Medical Interpreting? You got it!
Legal Interpreting? That too!
Let ARID provide the recipes you need to succeed!
ARIDian News and Views Now Available!
The latest edition of the ARIDian is available for download. Members and non-members alike can now download the ARIDian and remain current on ARID news.
ARIDian News and Views March 2013 (PDF)
ARID is a non-profit organization that:
- provides an organizational structure for interpreters/transliterators;
- promotes quality interpreting services;
- recognizes the unique language and culture of Deaf people;
- promotes certification;
- provides professionals development opportunities;
- upholds the standards of the profession;
- provides information sharing;
- serves in an advocacy role for the rights of persons who are deaf and for the rights of interpreters/transliterators;
- develops liaisons with other disciplines and organizations that interact and interface with the interpreting field; and
- provides for RID CMP and ACET sponsored events, independent studies, academic coursework, and participant initiated events.
ARID's has a listserv which provides a way for ARID members around the state to network and address issues of concern within our profession. Additionally, notices of upcoming events and workshops will be announced via the ARID listserv. If you would like to be added to a listserv set up specifically for ARID members, please send an email to John West, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are currently a member and have a change in address, please notify John of your new address.
ARID is an affiliate chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf.